A few months ago I found a recipe for a snack using a variety of wholesome ingredients. It requires no baking and comes together in just a few minutes. It was meant as an alternative for processed snacks for kids who play sports, but this adult likes them, too. I like to think of them as mini Cliff Bars.
The original recipe can be found on the PBS Parents site. The version below is my modification using hemp seeds, agave syrup, and hemp protein powder to make them vegan. I also added some cocoa powder. They keep best in the refrigerator.
- 1 cup rolled oats, 3.5 oz
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter, 4 3/8 oz
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dessicated coconut, 3 ounces
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, 3 ounces
- 1/3 cup agave syrup, 4 ounces
- 1/4 cup hulled hemp seeds, 1 1/8 ounces
- 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder (hemp/vegan), 5/8 ounce
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until well blended.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Roll the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week