Cashew milk is one of my favorite milks to use in baking. It also works well in cream sauces. This easy recipe will make 1 quart of thick and creamy cashew milk. You can add more water for thinner milk or less for cashew cream. If you plan to drink the milk, you can add a little salt, vanilla or agave to sweeten it.
- 1 1/4 cups of raw cashews
- 3 cups of water
- Soak cashews in water for at least 4 hours. They will start to float.
- Rinse cashews and place in a high speed blender. Cover with 3 cups of cold, filtered water.
- Blend on high speed for 1 minute.
- (If you aren’t using a Vitamix or Blendtec blender, you may need to strain the milk through a milk bag or cheese cloth.)